Becoming a professional translator and interpreter was the natural consequence of being passionate about foreign languages and cultures since I was a child. As soon as I graduated with my Master’s degree (in Foreign Languages for Communication in Companies and International Organizations), I decided to put the knowledge and skills I’d acquired at the service of companies, professionals and translation agencies.
Forever curious and inspired to learn new things in different fields and sectors, I’m always seeking to improve myself. My inspiration, in everything I do, has always been the maxim ‘Anyone who ceases to learn, whether at twenty years old or eighty, is old.’
I update my skills regularly by taking training courses in specialised translation, marketing and communication. As an experienced professional I am also a member of APROTRAD, a French association of professional translators, and I’m registered as an expert translator and interpreter with the Italian Chamber of Commerce.
In 2020, I also founded Getaway Translations, an international team of mother-tongue translators who specialise in translation for tourism, travel, hotels, restaurants, catering, leisure and events.
How I arrived where I am today is explained in more detail below. Please contact me if you would like any further information or to request my references.
My core values
- High school diploma in Business Management and Accounting
- BA in European Languages and Cultures
- Internship in Paris as a Business Development Manager under the Leonardo Da Vinci European programme
- C1 French certificate
- MA in Foreign Languages for Communication in Companies and International Organizations
- C2 English certificate
- Established as freelance translator and interpreter
- Various training courses in editorial, business, legal, technical and scientific translation
- Founded Getaway Translations, an international team of translators specialising in tourism, travel, hotels, food and catering, leisure and events
- Registered as an expert translator and interpreter with the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Ferrara
- Registered as an active member with APROTRAD (French association of professional translators)